The FW Charity Classic was featured on slamonline.com last week.
Here is the link for the article and video:
by Jeremy Bauman
Frenji Sports presented an impressive group of the top New York-area high school basketball players on June 3. The game was in honor of Frankie Williams, a former community leader, mentor, and coach who was, and still is, well respected in the Greenburgh, NY.
The game was about as fast paced as it could possibly be. In the end, it was the Blue Team who outlasted their opponents, the White team, 124-112. The two teams raced up and down the court, launched 3s, and finished at the rim with authority during the crowd-pleasing All-Star game.
Fordham University-bound senior Jeffrey Short took home MVP honors for the Blue team. Short dazzled the audience by lighting up the scoreboard for 28 points.
Meanwhile, Boys & Girls junior Mike Taylor scored a game-high 33 points and earned the Sportsmanship award in the process.
– Villanova-bound forward Jayvaughn Pinkston took defenders off the dribble, muscled inside and connected on several three-pointers.
– UConn-bound junior Maurice Harkless showed off his versatility while 26 points on the evening.
– Kadeem Jack arrived to the game at halftime but made his presence felt on the interior by scoring 14 points in the second half.
– Jermaine Sanders showed his smooth game by slashing smoothly to the basket, showing off his agility and good balance in the process.
– Villanova-bound Ashcraf Yacoubou hit tough step backs, had a few throw-downs, and was willing to pass the ball.
– Fordham-bound Brandon Frazier did a little bit of everything; slashing to the rim, hitting outside jumpers off the bounce, and setting his teammates up.
Mike Taylor 33pts
Kadeem Jack 16pts